Detox...................


"I will give you a new heart and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony stubborn heart and give you a tender responsive heart"
Ezekiel 36:26

I've had an unexpected 'detox' for the last five days - probably caused by either a dodgy supermarket sandwich or a rogue piece of scampi, it was both unwelcome and unpleasant!

It's given me 'food for thought' though - about the regular need for more than just a physical detox. Time to think about wider aspects of my life - how I use my time, my relationships, where I am with God and the things making me happy and deeply unhappy at the moment, all challenged me hard about my 'heart condition'.

It's easy to slide into being 'hard hearted' without even noticing it. Pain, inaction, bad decisions, laziness or an attempt to protect ourselves from being hurt again can all conspire to harden our tender hearts - by letting this happen we risk becoming separated from the things and relationships that inspire, capture and breathe life into every day....................

So, as I gently, slowly - and very carefully - move to a more normal, (but hopefully healthier) diet, so maybe I need to do the same in other aspects of life right now - I suspect the resulting detox won't be any less painful, messy or challenging but will be worth every step...................


1 comment:

  1. there's nothing like a whole-life colonic - right!
    Subtle actions become habitual repetitions and being stalled however painfully is always part of God's gracious re-routing us....!!
    Don't slow down on the journey....

    ReplyDelete