Dirty........


"What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
" Micah 6:8

I came across this new liturgy for Maundy Thursday from
Mark Berry today which touched my soul.................


Where I judge others
Where I dismiss others
Where I abuse others
Where I ignore others
Where I ridicule others
Where I use others
Wash me clean

Where I elevate myself
Where I think only of myself
Where I want only for myself
Where I gather to myself
Where I hold to myself
Where I value only myself
Wash me clean

Where I seek for power
Where I seek for control
Where I seek for praise
Where I seek for status
Where I seek for fame
Where I seek for wealth
Wash me clean

Instead of pointing to the rubbish others have accumulated from a place of “holier than thou” judgment, calling them to lift themselves out of the mire, we like Jesus bend and kneel amongst the dirt and the hurt, we get right amongst it, see it up close, feel it, smell it, risk its contamination… and wash the feet of those we serve.................

See it all at markjberry.blogs.com/scraping.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment